Politically Speaking — January 17, 2023
A friend of mine made an interesting observation last week: “I am amazed once again at the brilliance of the founding fathers, which held true during the Speaker of the House Appointment. Democracy equals mob rule; Republic equals liberty.”
Moving on, fast forward to stolen documents. I find it interesting: No raids, and major media staying pretty quiet. Does everyone remember Mar-a-Lago? You would have thought there was a national emergency!
However, the Republicans are not being quiet. They are accusing Biden of a crime (probably just one of many, in my opinion). The members of the GOP are saying Biden did not have the authority to remove and declassify the documents, and they are expressing outrage after classified documents were discovered at Penn Biden Center, where they were taken nearly six years ago. The GOP is demanding that Biden be held to the same legal standards as Donald Trump, who took documents with him to Mar-a-Lago after leaving the White House in 2021. Last week they pointed out the two tier system of justice in contrast with the FBI raids, as I mentioned earlier.
The Vice President does not have the authority to declassify classified documents. However, the President does have the authority to declassify, as was done with every document Trump took with him to Mar-a-Lago.
I can’t help but think Biden knew that he was storing highly classified documents in his personal office; he knew it when the FBI agents were raiding Mar-a-Lago. And he still had his Department of Justice goons prosecute Trump.
In my opinion, this is a very serious crime, and Biden should have to face what he did as well as face impeachment.
The Democrats’ real problem now is the DOJ and the National Archives and Records Administration can’t sweep this under the rug with Republicans watching every move. There can’t be separate standards for Democrats and Republicans. In my opinion, the same rules must apply to both.
Attorney General Merrick Garland has appointed U.S. Attorney John Lausch to investigate the Biden document discovery.
The documents have, at this time, been returned to the archives from his office. Update: Prior to presstime, more documents were found in Biden’s garage! Kind of reminds me of Hillary’s closet.
On to McCarthy. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) finally succeeded on the 15th vote and is now the Speaker of the House of Representatives. But sadly, he had to make concessions along the way. Some are as follows:
1. Any member can call for a motion to vacate the Speaker’s Chair.
2. The House will hold votes on key conservative bills, including a balanced budget amendment, congressional term limits, and border security.
3. Efforts to raise the nation’s debt ceiling must be paired with spending cuts.
4. Allow more Freedom Caucus representation on committees.
5. Cap discretionary spending at fiscal year 2022 levels, which would amount to lower levels for defense and domestic programs.
6. Provide 72 hours to review bills before they come to the floor for a vote.
7. Give members the ability to offer more amendments on the floor.
8. Create an investigation committee to probe the “weaponization” of the federal government.
9. Restore the Holman Rule, which can be used to reduce the salary of government officials.
And with all that said, Kevin McCarthy, in order to become Speaker of the House, gave up a lot of power that traditionally comes with the office of Speaker.
On a final note this week, each day it crosses my mind, what does the Biden Administration hope to accomplish with all this craziness? To destroy this country? You have to wonder!
As Biden said last week, his administration is considering banning gas stoves.
And of course, there was his staged visit to El Paso, Texas.
Folks, you can’t make the last two plus years up. Everything from a guy who can’t find his way offstage, to the Woke Movement.
Until next week.