Politically Speaking – August 31, 2021
As bad as Afghanistan’s humanitarian crisis caused by the inept Biden Administration is, don’t take your eye off the other balls.
Prime example: The House Democrats cleared the path on Tuesday, August 24 toward passing a $3.5 trillion budget bill and infrastructure plan after breaking a stalemate. The vote allows Joe Biden’s Democrats to write and approve a massive spending package (God help us!) without Republicans and puts the Senate passed infrastructure plan on the path to final passage in the House by September 27. The vote also advances a sweeping voting rights bill, which Democrats aim to pass.
Biden said, “My goal is to build an economy from the bottom up and middle out, not just the top down.” Sadly, he just crashed a great economy in only seven and a half months.
All Democrats voted with their party on this insanity. All this will do is increase inflation and make things worse for the average working person under the Biden Administration, as if it isn’t bad enough. How do the Democrats propose to pay for this? Well, that’s simple. Tax increases on businesses and wealthy individuals, costing this country more jobs in the long run.
The key points to look at, the Democrats rolled child care as well as immigration into the budget framework. Some other major elements include:
• $726 billion for health, labor, education and pension expansion. These areas include universal pre-K for three and four year olds, child care for working families, tuition-free community college, funding for historically black colleges and universities, and an expansion of Pell Grants.
• $107 billion for the Judiciary Committee, including instructions to address “lawful permanent status for illegal immigrants.”
• $135 billion for the Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition & Forestry.
• $332 billion for the Banking Committee, including instructions to invest in public housing and the housing trust.
• $198 billion for the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, including instructions largely related to clean energy development.
• $7.5 billion for electric cars.
All just another reckless tax and spending spree. On top of all that, the federal government will reach their borrowing limit by October 1 and it must be increased to avoid default.
Read between the lines, folks. It’s another spending spree to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Why run a business or work when all you’re doing is allowing these lawmakers to get us one step closer, under Biden, to Socialism. Wake up!
In the meantime, on to Afghanistan. On Thursday, August 25 a massive explosion at Kabul stopped evacuation efforts. The Pentagon also said the second explosion that occurred claimed U.S. service members’ and civilians’ lives in the attack near Kabul Airport. The U.S. Embassy in Kabul described the explosions as “large” and said there were 13 service members and over 100 Aghans killed. There were reports of continued gunfire, and Americans were urged to avoid travel to the airport and its gates.
It’s my prediction it won’t be long till other terrorist groups pop up.
With all that said, even without military experience I understand the military has to be the last to leave. And all equipment left behind has to be destroyed, not left behind for the enemy, or was it left behind intentionally? Who knows!
Food for thought: If Trump can be impeached over a phone call, why isn’t Biden being impeached over gross negligence in Afghanistan?
Until next week.