Sandoval FFA Chapter Applauds Members Excellence
There was a crowd of over 100 at the Sandoval FFA Banquet on April 20th. Sandoval FFA Advisor, Casey Bolin says, “I am very excited about the huge crowd for such a small community. The Community support to our FFA Chapter is outstanding, we are truly blessed!” The chapter began by eating a meal and then the members received recognition.
- Dori Brandt, Levi Brown, Jalynn Day, Courtney Evans, Falene Juarez, Isabelle Moore, Megan Parson, Beth Pennington, Shelby Pigg, Summer Ridings, Morgan Weiss & Cady Williams received the academic award by having a 3.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Sophie Brandt, Mya Brown, Courtney Evans, Caden Gore, Makayla McMullin, Kylee Melton, Isabelle Moore, Megan Parson, Shelby Pigg, Summer Ridings, Gage Rollinson, Dasani Schaedler and Morgan Weiss received the Greenhand Degree. To receive this award you must be enrolled in an Ag class, plans for a SAE program (record books), and the ability to explain FFA motto, creed, emblem, official dress and colors.
- Mack Weiss received his Chapter FFA degrees. To receive your chapter degree you must have your Greenhand degree, a SAE program (record books), be in Ag. Classes and have a satisfactory scholastic record.
- Individual FFA Members were recognized for attending the Land Use, Job Interview, Agronomy, Envirothon, Public Speaking, Livestock, Ag Business and Dairy Career Development Events this year.
- Positive Participator Awards were given to the student in each grade level that had participated in the most events. Those receiving the recognition included Freshman Shelby Pigg, Sophomore Dasani Schaedler, Junior Mack Weiss and Senior Beth Pennington.
- Special awards included:
- The first award is titled, “Stand up, Stand Out”. This award went to an FFA member who has really stepped it up this year and decided to work hard within the FFA. As a freshman, she sat back and watched all the cool things that was going on. Therefore she stood up this year, her sophomore year, and decided to get her feet really wet in FFA. She has always been very quizitive and interested to know what each event is about! This year the Stand up, Stand Out award recipient is Jasmin Tarlton.
- Our second award is called “I can Move Mountains” award. This award recipient is always ready to take on a challenge. No matter what the task is, as soon as I give her the information it is being worked on. She has competed in the Job Interview Career Development Event as well as went to several Leadership Conferences this year. This young lady is also always one of the first to sign up to help with any of the community service projects we do! Dori Brandt is this years “I can Move Mountains” award winner.
- The last special award is titled “Highest of High Fives Award”. When this FFA member walked in the ag classroom their freshman year she went to almost every FFA event! These past few years have been huge building moments for the Sandoval FFA and Agriculture program but she has been there for just about every step! Beth has participated in many leadership events, career development events, served as a chapter officer, helped build with our Friends of Sandoval FFA program and much more! Our Sandoval FFA Highest of High Fives award is going to Ms. Beth Pennington.
Community supporters were also thanked for all of their extra help throughout the year.
Special recognition was given to Senator Kyle McCarter and Representative John Cavaletto as they were presented with the Sandoval FFA Outstanding Community Supporter Award. They are very welcoming to us when we visit the State Capitol each year. We are very thankful for the special tours and knowledge they have shared with us. We will miss them when visiting the capitol in the future.
The community support group, “Friends of Sandoval FFA” was recognized. The members of the group were recognized. Members include: Clint & Julie Ahlf, Tim & Tammy Bolin, TJ Bolin, Scott & Brandy Dykstra, Kade Gambill, Steve & Carla Gambill, Gary Keister, Carrol Murray, Mark & Susan Rhodes, Barb Rohner, Dan Seidel, Wiley & Connie Snyder, Steve Speiser, Terry & Deb Swagler, Mary Vogt, Todd and Kathy Weiss, and Macz Funeral Homes.
The 2018-2019 Sandoval FFA Officers were installed towards the end of the banquet. Officers for next year will be President Mack Weiss, Vice President Dori Brandt, Reporter Shelby Pigg, Secretary Courtney Evans, Treasurer Megan Parson, Sentinel Riley Thompson and Historian Dasani Schaedler.
Sandoval FFA Advisor presented the 2017-2018 Sandoval FFA Officer team with an officer pin for the FFA Jacket. The 2017-2018 included President Levi Brown, Vice President Beth Pennington, Reporter Dori Brandt, Secretary Hope Beckmann, Treasurer Mack Weiss, Sentinel Cady Williams and Historian Bailee Dykstra.
Pictured are the 2017-2018 Officer Team