Local communities to host Halloween decorating contests
Local communities are getting into the spirit of the Halloween season by holding Halloween decorating contests for their residents.
Join the Centralia Tourism Commission in a fun fall challenge this Halloween Season. To participate in the “Out-BOO Your Neighbor” event you will need to:
• Live in the greater Centralia area.
• Break out your best Halloween décor and decorate your yard / house in a cute, scary or fun theme.
• If you would like to be considered during the judging process direct message your home address to the @SeeCentralia Facebook page.
Judging will be for the following categories: Best overall, scariest and best theme.
Decorating needs to be completed by October 15, 2020 at 8 am. Judging will take place on October 15, 2020. The winners will be announced at a later time.
The Greater Salem Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a Wicked Haunte and Home decorating contest in Salem for the month of October 2020.
The Chamber will be awarding prizes to three Wicked Haunte and Home decorated homes in Salem, IL. Judging will take place the third weekend in October.
Event participation rules:
• Must live within the city limits of Salem, IL.
• Outside of home and yard must be decorated by October 15 and remain decorated through October 31.
• Submit address to the Greater Salem Chamber of Commerce by October 5. Address will be shared on the Chamber’s social media, website, media partner’s sites, etc.