City Wide Clean Up
The City of Centralia would like to announce that this year’s fall city wide cleanup event is scheduled for Monday, October 7th through Friday, October 11th, 2013. This curbside pickup service is provided by the City of Centralia Public Works Department. Participation is limited to single-family residences, town homes, condominiums and apartments that do not exceed four units per building. All items are to be placed on the curb by 6 a.m. on the assigned pickup day.
Any item(s) not longer than 5 feet or more than 50 pounds left at the CURBSIDE at any of the above defined residential units will be picked up except for the following:
1. Yard waste, including grass clippings, leaves, brush and tree material
2. Household refuse/garbage that should be put out for normal collection
3. Large quantities of rocks, concrete and construction materials including roofing materials, siding and lumber (small amounts will be taken, no more than a 5 gallon bucket)
4. Tires or cans of paint
5. Large automobile parts such as engines and transmissions
6. Lawnmowers or small engines which still contain gasoline or oil
7. DO NOT mix with trash to be picked up on normal collection days and DO NOT pile items on top of other items.
Crews WILL NOT sort through material. If an unapproved item is on top of an approved item, your items will not be collected.
*Please Note: the City is continuing to accept white goods such as freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, dryers, etc.
Residents are also asked to place smaller items in a container such as a box or a bag. Please consider recycling any cardboard, glass, aluminum and paper products at Clean & Green’s Recycling Center located on West McCord Street.
All items must be at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on your normal garbage pickup day. The route WILL ONLY BE COVERED ONCE, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a service provided by the City of Centralia. The City requests each resident’s cooperation in this project.
The City of Centralia would like to announce that this year’s Keep Centralia Beautiful Fall City Wide cleanup event is scheduled for October 19th, 2013.
Any organizations or individuals interesting in volunteering will need to meet at Fairview Park at 9:00 A.M. Bags will be provided along with vests, gloves & orangatongs for everyone.
Bev Virobik is the coordinator for Keep Centralia Beautiful / Clean & Green. You may contact her about this and other programs and activities, including questions about the Recycling Center on West McCord. Her number is 532-8430.