Class of 1958 Donates to Veterans Tribute
Centralia High School Class of 1958 Donates to Veterans Tribute
The Centralia Township High School Class of 1958 recently donated $800 towards the Veterans Tribute located on the main campus of Kaskaskia College. The class purchased a bench which will be set at the wall to allow visitors the opportunity to reflect on the news of servicemen and service women from throughout the counties of Bond, Clinton, Fayette, Marion and Washington.
Work is nearing completion on the first phase of the Tribute Project which will honor area veterans by listing their names and branches of service. The first phase included development of the warrior’s court, two walls containing more than 25,000 names and the installation of flags, an American Eagle sculpture, and bronze service seals. Phase II will include the construction of three additional walls with plans to construct an educational building scheduled for another phase.
Pictured are Jack Tyler, Julie Rohner, Carol Pawlisa, Leora McTall, Wanda Christensen, Travis Henson of the Veterans Tribute Committee, Jo Besant, Peggy Galbreath, Jerry Wooters, Marlena Mackie and John White.