Image Committee Strategic Planning Update
On May 14, community leaders and community organizations met and discussed the future of our community. This strategic planning retreat was the opportunity to share the goals of the image committee, the goals of businesses and organizations.
The vision of the Image Committee is:
· To develop a unified marketing effort within Centralia’s stakeholder organizations.
· To improve the perception of our community.
· To boost the local economy by marketing resources we have and slowing the leakage of locally earned money being spent elsewhere.
· To attract visitors into the community, tapping into regional markets and tourism opportunities.
· To encourage families to live and work in the Greater Centralia area.
After this retreat, the image committee now has a clear path to follow, so we can prioritize efforts in accordance with the timeline of the community. From the retreat, we have identified 24 projects and 10 sub-committees to carry out the tasks to improve our community. Some of the projects are very tangible, like downtown development, beautification, housing, and public transportation. Others focus on meeting the business needs in our community, like workforce trainings, leadership trainings, marketing, and tourism. The hopes are to be able to complete easier projects within the next year and have goals for the next five years. The image committee will re-visit this strategic plan every two years to update the tasks according to the developing needs of the community. For more information on the Centralia Community Image Committee, please contact Marcus Holland at the Greater Centralia Chamber of Commerce: 618-532-6789.